CJ236 F' episome ?

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Mon Jul 12 18:00:08 EST 1993

Paul,

Thanks much for the good words. Its quite a project tracing that one through
the literature, and the HaeIII details are not there.

I was never able to get the F' from CJ236 into another ung+ strain, although
I could transfer at least the cm marker to BW310 (ung-,dut+). Perhaps the
residual uridine content of the episome in the absence of repair makes
it succeptible to uracil glycosylase on transfer.

I did however find the plasmid in a ung+ parent strain (CJ251) with a little
help from Russ Maurer (thanks Russ). This strain mates well with MG4 (MG1655
w/o gamma-delta).

Have a good one,

Jim
J. Graham