Slides/poster drawing software

GRGGTA at PATERSON.CHRISTIE-HOSPITAL.MANCHESTER.AC.UK GRGGTA at PATERSON.CHRISTIE-HOSPITAL.MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Tue Jul 13 04:19:00 EST 1993

Dear All,
We are about to update our ancient 'GEM' graphics drawing software (circa
1987) for something better. We use this software for molecular biology-
oriented slides, posters, thesis illustrations etc. It includes graph
presentation and drawing applications. I have arrived at three alternatives
 Coreldraw v3 or v4 at 3x the price, harvard graphics or Micrographix Graphics
Works. Our reqiurements are that it should be easy to use and offer as much
control over the image as possible, without requiring 'professional graphics
designer levels of complexity. Our budget extends to 300 sterling and 40MB
(plus DOS v6 file compression ie approx 70MB in total?
Any suggestions or comments?
Graham Atherton