pcr of large genes->>PCR on immobilized DNA

Wed Jul 14 19:49:59 EST 1993

> In article <9307131957.AA26831 at net.bio.net>, CMSNEALS at UGA.CC.UGA.EDU writes:
> > I rember sometime back that several folks were sharing
> > protocols for amplifying large segments (> 3 kb) of dna.
> > Please repost these if they are available.
> > Thanks,
> > Neal
Dr. Rosenthal:
> May I also express my interest. I would appreciate any reply. Also has anybody out there
> ever used a protocoll for PCR on immobilised DNA?
>  Thanks.

I forget the reference, but recently there was an article, I believe
in NAR, where they had immobilized a DNA on some beads and used it
repititively for amplifying to duplicate the population of DNA present\
on the beads.  May be people at Dynabeads can help.  I think the procedure
did not involve anything really fancy, but if anyone is interested, I can
dig the paper out.
Raj Shankarappa
Univ of Pittsburgh
bsh at med.pitt.edu