problems with lambda ZAP

bgottgens at molbiol.ox.ac.uk bgottgens at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 11:43:21 EST 1993

Hi everybody!
Has anybody out there encountered a problem with the EcoRI site in the
Stratagene lambda ZAP cDNA cloning system.
We found that in 50% of the clones that we sequenced one A is missing in the
EcoRI site. We have complained to Stratagene about this, because it is a bit
of a nuisance, loosing such a nice site as Eco for recovering the inserts, but
alas, they were not very helpful.
Has anybody any idea how this can have happened in different clones.
My feeling is that it is because of a kit component.
Any comments welcome.
berthold
e-mail address: bgottgens at molbiol.ox.ac.uk