RNA from tissue

fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 19 21:25:58 EST 1993

swift at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com wrote:
: Help.
: I am obtaining human breast tissue, for RNA isolation,
:  how might the hospitals preserve

: with CyroQuick(Freon-like gas) and place on ice or in -70C freezer.

We routinely isolated RNA both total and polysomal from tissue that was
quick frozen in liquid nitrogen. Tissue was then stored at -70 for various
amounts of time. Some as long as a year. We never seemed to have any
trouble with degradation of the RNA. The tissue was from roots and
nodules. I suppect that the cryoquick and storage at -70 will be good.