Bio-Rad acrylamide

Jarmo Wahlfors wahlfors at messi.uku.fi
Tue Jul 20 21:10:39 EST 1993

We have had difficulties with sequencing gels lately.
One of the possible error sources was the acrylamide purchased
from Bio-Rad. Namely, the batch we used for few unsuccesful
gels had a very strange odor. We thought it smelled like a
glue or something. To our knowledge, acrylamide should not
smell at all. So we returned it and received another container
from a different batch - with the same odor! We also have third
acrylamide container from Bio-Rad in our lab  - without the smell.
Anybody out there who knows what this is all about?

Jarmo Wahlfors 	       	       	Internet: wahlfors at messi.uku.fi

Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology
University of Kuopio
Finland