Homemade 14C protein markers?

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Thu Jul 22 03:40:46 EST 1993

In article <22jieh$chj at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) writes:
>Subject: Homemade 14C protein markers?
>From: djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton)
>Date: 21 Jul 1993 14:05:05 GMT
>
>A recent thread asked about homemade prestained markers.  We like to use
>14C-labelled protein standards that make beutiful markers for fluorographed
>gels.  However, the price of these things (>$100 per uCi) seems outlandish.
>
>Does anyone out there cook up their own beginning with 14C MeI or
>formaldehyde?
>
>dennis
I also thought the price high when I first ordered 14C-protein standards,
but if your gels are good (i.e. nice compressed bands) you will find that
a single order lasts for dozens of gels (one order served several
researchers during my PhD years).  I think that you find the cost per gel
no more than for good unstained markers.
__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763