Competant Cells

Fri Jul 23 18:15:36 EST 1993

> I am preparing competant cells for the first time and have chosen the
> "one-step" approach referenced above because it appears to be the most
> convenient. I will be using E. coli strain HB101 and vector pBR322
> (containing a 6kB insert). I would appreciate any hints from those who use
> this method.

Has any one tried a INSTANT competency buffer from 5-3 prime?
They claim that you can get 1x10-6 colonies per ug of DNA starting
from cells scraped from a plate?
Appreciate the input.
For those interested, 5prime-3prime is in Colorado 800-533-5703.
I have no association with this company and all the other disclaimers.

Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu