2x vector plasmid

GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 23 14:54:00 EST 1993

I know for a fact that I have run across (years ago) a copy of pBR322
that is a dimer!
A direct repeat not an inverted repeat.  It seemed stable and
cannot be identified as such until you run supercoiled DNA on agarose
to compare to a standard.  I have run across many other things in my cloning
adventures that look like direct repeats and seem to be stable.  I have
produced
a number of plasmids with large direct repeats that seem stable in coli.  I
never
recover inverted repeats of any type!  This is my $0.02 worth.
Dan Gietz
______________________________________
R.Daniel Gietz Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Human Genetics
University of Manitoba
770 Bannatyne Ave, Rm 250
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
R3E 0W3
Tel.: (204)789-3458
Fax.: (204)786-8712
E-mail GIETZ at BLDGHSC.LAN1.UMANITOBA.CA
"Trying to do the Manitoba Thing"

REPLY FROM: Gietz, Dr. Dan