synthesising ds oligo's using klenow poly.

Mon Jul 26 10:56:00 EST 1993

Len Adleman writes:-
Dear Colleagues,

I have 40 nmol of a 58 nucleotide oligo. I also have 40 nmol of an 18
nucleotide primer complementary to the 3' end of the oligo. I wish to
double strand the oligo, but have not been able to find a good protocol.
Is there a good one? How much can I do in one reaction?

-Len Adleman
-adleman at

A method I have used for this is referenced in Chodosh et al, Molecular
and Cellular Biology vol6 p4723-4733. I made nanogramme quantities of
ds oligo using this method for use as radioactive probe containing
deoxybromidine, but I see no reason why it should not work better using
'regular' dNTP's.
Graham Atherton