Long Ranger seq. gel solution.

Michael G. Kurilla mgk2r at Virginia.EDU
Tue Jul 27 13:39:45 EST 1993

I will echo others who have dried gels without prior fixing, it
does work adequately.  Several tips on the gel.  Run on the
cool side, we use a Stratagene temperature controller and set
to 47C.  The occasional time that the controller was placed
improperly on the glass plate resulted in overheating and fuzzy
bands.  Finally is your bands are always fuzzy in one place
(top half), consider the film cassette.  If you are using 35S,
you need to have a good even tight contact of the film and
gel.  I have seen bad cassettes that create fuzzy regions.

Mike Kurilla