RNasing minilysates

beatriz at pine.circa.ufl.edu beatriz at pine.circa.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 28 14:16:12 EST 1993

Dear netters,

When I do my minilysates I usually digest with about 2 ul of 20 mg/ml of RNase H after the enzyme restriction digestion. The problem I've had is that if I'm not careful and pipet more than 4 ul or so, my samples don't even get into
the gel (0.8% agarose-TAE). I get these huge aggregates that stay in the wells. It is so annoying lately I just run my gel and then RNase the whole gel, but this takes much longer and the bands from the inserts are usually somewhat diffuse. Has anyone seen this before?  Does anyone know why it happens?

Thanks in advance,

Beatriz.
beatriz at animal.ufl.edu
beatriz at pine.circa.ufl.edu