Drying NC filters in a gel drier

David Johnstondaj daj at nhm.ic.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 07:25:23 EST 1993

Further to my earlier posting, I should have added the following:

Put the filter, DNA side up, onto a piece of no 1 filter paper, cover with
clingfilm and dry down. You will find that the NC sticks to the
filter paper but it can be released by gently wetting the reverse side of
the filter paper with your denaturation solution (or whatever) and GENTLY
peeling the NC filter away. This method has the further advantage that your
filters stay nice and flat.

Cheers,
DAJ
David A. Johnston
Dept of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road,
South Kensington, London SW7 5DB.
(tel 071 9389297, fax 071 9388754, email daj at nhm.ic.ac.uk)