Fixing DNA/RNA to NC membrane

GRGGTA at PATERSON.CHRISTIE-HOSPITAL.MANCHESTER.AC.UK GRGGTA at PATERSON.CHRISTIE-HOSPITAL.MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Thu Jul 29 04:42:00 EST 1993

Reply to;-

I would like to bake DNA and RNA fragments onto nitro-cellulose
paper.  However, I do not have ready access to a vacuum oven.
Does anyone know what purpose the vacuum serves i.e. is it
possible to bake the NC paper in a normal oven?  If this is
not possible, does anyone know of any alternatives to baking
DNA or RNA onto NC paper (I prefer to use NC rather than
nylon for the particular task I am doning).

all suggestions gratefully accepted,
Peter Ferrett

Don't do it! As far as I know, the vacuum is used to stop the NC
membrane igniting and causing a fair explosion.
Graham Atherton
At Olympic City 2000-to be.