Cardboard Autorad cassettes

David A. Adler dadler at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 30 16:45:12 EST 1993

In article <9307302024.AA27827 at pluto.med.pitt.edu> rapr at MED.PITT.EDU
(Robert Preston) writes:

> Graham Atherton wrote:
> >
> > Quite recently someone mentioned that cardboard cassettes (sold by
> Kodak)

> > are good for autorad exposures at -80 degrees C.
..
> We routinely used the cardboard cassettes in Elizabeth Jones' lab for
> 32P northerns and Southerns.
..
> Sandwich the cardboard cassette between two sheets of 1/4" x 8" x 10"
> plywood and clamp with four
> binder clamps (or do we call these "gel-pouring-clamps" ? ;-), one on
> each side.
..
> Rob Preston
> UPMC Pathology
> rapr at med.pitt.edu

We use the cardboard holders regularly but use 1/4" lucite which I have
obtained from local plastic supplier. We got enough sheets for about 10
holders, 20 sheets - front and back, for ~$30.(US). These sorts of sizes
are considered "waste" pieces and they usually throw them in a box for
folks to browse through. Look in your local yellow pages under plastic and
call and ask about scrap pieces.
David
--
David A. Adler                  Pathology SM-30
University of Washington        Seattle, WA 98195