Problems with Promega Taq

Patricia Foster pfoster at bu.edu
Tue Jun 1 18:47:54 EST 1993

Hi Netters,
 A few weeks ago, robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au (Robert Coelen)
posted:
>A friend of mine in the next building suspects the storage buffer
>of a batch of Taq from Promega is faulty: The lot number is 28330A
>and the expiry is 02/95. Has anyone else experienced any problems
>with this ?

 So far, no response on the Net.  So I would like to reinstate a
similar query.  I am having trouble with Promega's Taq lot number
287503, expiry date 1/95.  I bought it at a discount through Fisher.
Anybody else having problems?  This is not a trivial matter as I
bought a large amount, costing $800, and can't complain to Promega
for the obvious reason.

  A related question is:  is it only my impression or have other
people felt that stuff you buy from normally reputable companies
turns to junk when they sell it through the big supply houses?  Are
they unloading substandard stuff on us?

Patricia L. Foster
Boston University School of Medicine
Boston, MA USA