eukaryotic expression vectors

Jim Gale jim at AUDREY.LMF.ORG
Thu Jun 3 13:50:27 EST 1993

To eukaryotic expression cloners

I have a putative mammalian repair protein isolated from a cDNA expression
library in repaid deficient Ecoli. I wish reclone this gene into a eukaryotic expression vector and transfect and express it in mammalian cells. My question
is which commercially availbe eukaryotic expression vectors have people had
luck with??? Also, since many repair proteins are toxic to cells at high expression levels, can anyone recomend a low level or inducibe system they now use??
Along this line, has anyone used Stratagene's LacSwitch inducible system?

Thanks in advance
Jim Gale
Lovelace Medical Foundation