serum replacements

AMRUT S BHOGLE AMRUT at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU
Thu Jun 3 12:12:19 EST 1993

Dear Readers,

	I have been trying to adapt a chicken lymphoblastoid cell-line
to serum-free conditions.  I have been trying to freeze cells for posterity
and have failed miserably in trying to get the cells back to serum-free
cell-culture medium.  I have been using 10% DMSO and 30% foetal bovine serum
as my freezing solution.  I would appreciate if you would send me recommendations
on freezing cells that have adapted to serum-free conditions.

	Thanking you

	AMRUT
Amrut
Paige Laboratory
Department of Veterinary and Animal Science
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003