Setup Questions re: PCR apparatus (plates/oil)

MARLENE SNYDER msnyder at ace.acadiau.ca
Thu Jun 3 14:18:03 EST 1993

We are just about to start attempting some RAPD experiments here with our
new PCR rig. We have a thermal cycler which accepts 0.2ml tubes, or 96 well
plates. For best value, we are going use 96 well plates.

We are curious: What kind of plates do people use?
Are PVC or polystyrene microtiter plates in favour? Which supplier or
manufacturer is favored? What kind of price is reasonable?

Also: What kind of oil do people use? Who supplies? What price? Is any
particular brand better (or worse) than others?

Thanks very much!