Western Blotting with TransaBind

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Thu Jun 3 02:41:00 EST 1993

> I am trying to use S&S transabind APT membrane to covalently bind
> proteins for western blotting and antibody affinity purification,

Why bother?  Standard NC works fine, even for multiple elutions of
antibody: I have done up to five elutions with only gradually diminishing
yields, from proteins either Western blotted conventionally onto NC with
no fixing, or simply from bits of NC soaked in the antigen, then
washed and blocked.  A HELL of a lot cheaper, and FAR less fuss!!

Refs:

Rybicki, EP (1986); Phytopthologische Zeitschrift 116: 32-38

Olmsted, JB (1981); J Biol Chem 256: 11955-?

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |       "Lord, won't you buy me        |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |                                      |
 | Dept Microbiology           |         A Mer-ce-des Benz..."        |
 | University of Cape Town     |                                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |                                      |