Problems with Promega Taq

Patricia Foster pfoster at bu.bu.edu
Sat Jun 5 18:48:54 EST 1993

C.Silvia wrote:
: Promega's Taq doesn't like Cetus buffer, and the presence of detergent in
: the Promega buffer may be the reason, altho I haven't tried to add
: detergent to the Cetus stuff.

Jack Kramer wrote:
:I had similar problems with the Promega Taq with <Promega's 10X
:buffer.  The Cetus Taq had similar problems in the same buffer.
:Switching to the Cetus buffer cured the problem.  With this buffer,
:or modifications of it which <i make up myself now, I get identical
:results with either Taq.  Try Promega Taq in storage buffer B and make
:up your own reaction buffers - saves bundles of money!

Huh?  Could we have the recipes?

pat

Patricia L. Foster
Boston University School of Medicine