Mutant Screening Pros&Cons

nickerson at molbiol.ox.ac.uk nickerson at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 6 15:33:14 EST 1993

	I would appreciate any quick comments/ideas anyone may have on the
relative merits of the available techniques for screening potential mutants
(double mismatch) of M13 inserts.  I am currently screening by sequencing but
am aware that this is not the only option available.  I am particulary
interested in the possibility of screening by PCR.
	If this question is of sufficient interest to the net and has not been
beaten to death already I will summarize.  I realise it may be of a very basic
nature to some (I consider myself a beginner), but we will be screening many
mutants shortly and sequencing has proven to be rather laborious.

							Darren Nickerson
						Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
							Oxford, U.K