Promega Taq problems

Donna Jensen JOFTOPSM at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU
Tue Jun 8 09:11:28 EST 1993

Hi everyone!
I've been following with interest the discussion on the net about Promega
Taq polymerase, as we use this enzyme for both PCR and RAPDs in our lab.
We have also had problems with this enzyme on at least two occasions.  I
was discussing Taq problems with a friend of mine who works in another lab
in our department, and she also uses Taq, but has never had any problems
with the enzyme.  It turns out that our lab uses Taq in storage buffer B
whereas her lab uses Taq in storage buffer A.

For those of you out there who have had problems with Taq, I'm very curious
as to whether the "bad Taq" was in storage buffer A or B.

Donna
JOFTOPSM at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU