Storage of RNA

Ola Myklebost olam at
Tue Jun 8 04:13:37 EST 1993

In article <1uvjo0INN1l5 at>, dmeier at (Daniel
Meier) wrote:
> Peter Kristensen (ptk at wrote:
> : Hi Netters.
> : Any comments and suggestions on how to store my RNA so that I can keep a
> : reliable pool of standard RNA to add.
> Peter,
>   Store your RNA in the appropriate concentrations in DEPC-treated water
> at - 70 C.  Aliquot the RNA so that you thaw each tube once and discard.
> I wouldn't refreeze the RNA.
There shouldn't be any problems freezing and thawing the RNA several
times, but aliquoting is of course a good idae.

Ola Myklebost             Email olam at
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research
The Norwegian Radium Hospital
N-0310 OSLO, Norway
Tel +47-22-50-60-50, xtn 9830, Fax +47-22-52-24-21