HELP!!Determing amino acid solution concentration

wujng xian wxian at unl.edu
Tue Jun 8 18:00:58 EST 1993

Hi,

I am now trying to work on some amino acid solutions and I need to
determine their concentrations. The amino acids are Arg, Lys, arginamide,
and lysinamide. I am planning to use ninhydrin test, but I cann't
find in literature or handbooks about the extinction coefficients
at 570nm. Does anyone know whether there are tabulated data or do
I have to determine the extinction coefficient myself? (And how do
you do that?) Or is there a more straight forward way to do it?
Any reference will be helpful. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Please mail me the information as I don't read this group often.

Thanks.

Wujing
--
Dept of Chem , U of NE-Lincoln