PFGE agarose plugs

John Nash nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Wed Jun 9 10:04:12 EST 1993

Hi..

What do people use for agarose plug formers when they are embedding cells in
agarose prior to lysis, restriction digests, etc for PFGE?  Do I have to
go out and buy an expensive mould?  I got tech. support to make a rather
nice mould, such that the plugs will fit in my gel wells, but the plugs are
1 mm thin and rather brittle.  Should I perservere, or is there a nice trick
with a syringe, or something?

If you email replies to me, I'll summarize and post.

  cheers, John

  John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
  Institute for Biological Sciences   |
  National Research Council of Canada | Email to my other NRC accounts
  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.            | is usually forwarded here.