Ignore first posting, read this one!!!

Joy Richman jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 9 14:43:34 EST 1993

Dear Netters,

I am interested in differential screening to isolate new genes that are
expressed in one part of the embryo and not another. The problem is the
extremely tiny pieces of tissue that one has for RNA isolation. The
dissection is not a problem however.

Has anyone out there used PCR successfuly to generate a cDNA library? Does
Taq have problems amplifying 2.0 kb + fragments? Are there sequencing
errors introduced?

Any relevant references and suggestions are welcome.

I already have copies of these articles:

Brunet et al, 1991, Science, vol.252, pg 856-859.

Straus and Ausubel, PNAS, 87, 1889-1893.

Belyavsky et al, NAR, vol.17, 1989, 2919-2931

--
The most important event in life is not birth or death but gastrulation.
Lewis Wolpert
jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca