Pharmacia BIAcore

Michael van Waes bi__mvw at SELWAY.UMT.EDU
Thu Jun 10 16:01:17 EST 1993

Dear Netters:
	I was at the ASBMB meeting last week, and there I heard for the first
	time about this machine. It analyzes molecular interactions in real
	time, supposedly being able to determine on and off rates and other
	kinetics data from unlabeled molecules.

	I found the possibilities to be endless, but I am a bit concerned (I
	strongly adhere to the principle "if it's too good to be true, it
	probably is"). Has anybody tried it? What are the main problems with
	it?.

	I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this. Thank you very much

	Michael vW.

		Michael van Waes	|
		Div. of Biol. Sci.	| Please remain calm,
		Univ. of Montana	| it's no use both of us being
		Phone: 406-243-5733  	| hysterical at the same time.
		bi__mvw at selway.umt.edu	|