Native PAGE

Bill Richards BILL at Pharm.SOM.sunysb.edu
Mon Jun 14 08:05:31 EST 1993

Hi everyone;

I am trying to detect a protein complex using native gel
electrophoresis.  The isoelectric point of of one of the proteins
is about eight,  the others have not been identified.  After
running a few gels it has become apparent the these proteins are
not migrating into the gel.  I'm a novice with proteins so any
pointers would be appreciated.  the conditions I have been using
are:

Tris (30mM) pH 9.0
glycine (192 mM)
triton x-100 (.01%)
glycerol (6%)
acrylamide (6%)

the running buffer conatins 2mM thioglycolic acid

thanks
Bill