NEN pen (was: autorad cassettes)

Berthe M. Willumsen bmw at
Mon Jun 14 05:23:06 EST 1993

In article <olam-110693153021 at>, olam at (Ola
Myklebost) wrote:
> In article <1993Jun8.131741.20498 at>, don at (donald
> seto) wrote:
> > Bel-Art Products also make a pen that is non
> > radioactive and can be used to mark autorads/films.
> Is that a phosphorescent pen like the outrageously expensive one from NEN?
> Do you know the price and have a fax no?

I purchased the NEN pen several years ago, and have never used it. The ink
dried up immediatedly, and although I found out that chloroform can be used
to thin it, I never got it to work satisfactorily. Have others had the
problem? And found a solution?

Berthe Willumsen
Dept. Molecular and Cellular Biology
Univ. Copenhagen