transgenic mice

hartla at dsbgpx.edvz.sbg.ac.at hartla at dsbgpx.edvz.sbg.ac.at
Mon Jun 14 10:20:39 EST 1993

Dear collegue!

I am looking for a transgenic mouse with a transgene copy number as high as possible. We are studying tissue regeneration after transplantation and intend to use the transgene as a cell marker to distiguish transplant-derived cells from host cells. The mouse strain we used until now carries 50 copies of a transgene and the obtained signal is very weak. Thus, it is difficult to identify transgenic cells within a non-transgenic tissue section.
To avoid tissue rejection, we also need mice of a compatible genetic background as a host for transgenic implants.
Please, keep in mind that expression of the transgene could interfere with histocompatibility in some systems as well.