Inhibition of uncharacterized protease(s) in growth medium

VANNESTEJ%RUASV1 at ruakura.cri.nz VANNESTEJ%RUASV1 at ruakura.cri.nz
Tue Jun 15 04:17:33 EST 1993

	Hello,

	I am working on a gene which product is inhibitory to some
Enterobacteriaceae (gram negative close to E. coli).  This inhibitory compound
is sensitive to proteases.  The problem is that the strains I am using to
detect the inhibitory activity do produce some proteases.  I am thus wondering
if I could increase the sensitivity of my assay by getting rid of the
extracellular proteases.  This means I would need a protease inhibitor that
can be added to the growth medium without harming/killing the bacteria.

	Any pointer appreciated

	Thanks a lot,

	Joel

   Joel L. Vanneste
   The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Ltd
   Ruakura Research Centre,
   Private Bag 3123, Hamilton,		e mail: VANNESTEJ%RUASV1 at ruakura.cri.nz
   New Zealand						fax 64 7 838 5073