Flourescein labeling- Help!

Sheila Gay Buzzee buzz at wccf.mit.edu
Wed Jun 16 12:01:00 EST 1993

  Our lab uses a large amount of fluorescein-labeled primers, and we are
attempting to synthesize them ourselves instead of remaining at the mercy of
suppliers for pure, high-quality primers.  We have no problem making the
primers themselves, but we are having problems with labeling.

  Does anyone know how to label the 3' or 5' ends of double-stranded DNA?  (Or
both?)  Does anyone have experience with flourescein-labeling primers?  200-bp
ds DNA?

  Please send any primary references if possible, or advice if you don't have