Ethidium Bromide

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at
Wed Jun 16 15:45:36 EST 1993

In <C8MK2x.B70 at> browns at (Stuart Brown) writes:

>I once had a protocol for the "safe destruction" of EtBr.  It invlved
>acidification and then neutralization with baking soda.  Anyone out there
>know this one (I'd like to get the ref. as we also have lots of jugs of
>EtBr waiting for me to get around to getting rid of it.)

What about the EtBr destruction protocols from Maniatis (2nd edition,
somewhere in the Appendix)?

/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at                             */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (R. Dawkins / anonymous)     */