Thermal-stable polymerases: info

Wed Jun 16 14:22:36 EST 1993

Jim at audrey.lmf.org wrote:
> I've been following the discusions on the "good, the bad and the ugly"
> of various thermal stable polymerases used in PCR and other applications.
> It seems that a compilation of all the characteristics, tricks and lessons
> learned about these polymerases would be of wide intrest to many folks.
>I personally have used Taq, pfu and Hot tube polymerases, but wish I could find
> more information the details of what they can and cannot do, and special
> conditions used for certain applications.

New England Biolabs has provided a summary of properties of different
DNA polymerases in page 61 of their 1993-94 catalog.  Ofcourse, the
Pfu is missing from this list.  Still the information is quite handy and
useful for Vent, klenow, T4, T7, MMlvRT, and Taq enzymes.
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu
University of Pittsburgh