Thermal-stable polymerases: info

John Nash nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Wed Jun 16 14:48:19 EST 1993

In article <9306161922.AA22013 at deimos.med.pitt.edu> bsh at MED.PITT.EDU (Basavaraju Shankarappa) writes:
>From: bsh at MED.PITT.EDU (Basavaraju Shankarappa)
>Subject: Re: Thermal-stable polymerases: info
>Date: 16 Jun 93 19:22:36 GMT

>Jim at audrey.lmf.org wrote:
>> I've been following the discusions on the "good, the bad and the ugly"
>> of various thermal stable polymerases used in PCR and other applications.
>> It seems that a compilation of all the characteristics, tricks and lessons
>> learned about these polymerases would be of wide intrest to many folks.
>>I personally have used Taq, pfu and Hot tube polymerases, but wish I could find
>> more information the details of what they can and cannot do, and special
>> conditions used for certain applications.

>New England Biolabs has provided a summary of properties of different
>DNA polymerases in page 61 of their 1993-94 catalog.  Ofcourse, the
>Pfu is missing from this list.  Still the information is quite handy and
>useful for Vent, klenow, T4, T7, MMlvRT, and Taq enzymes.

I thought that Pfu was Deep Vent (or am I wrong)?

  cheers, John

  John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
  Institute for Biological Sciences   |
  National Research Council of Canada | Email to my other NRC accounts
  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.            | is usually forwarded here.