formaldehyde gels

Xiaoying Lin xlin at umbc.edu
Thu Jun 17 15:02:51 EST 1993

In article <1vqesvINN1ev at bigbird.csd.scarolina.edu> john at tbone.biol.scarolina.edu (John Jones) writes:
>I've got some labelled cDNA that I need to run single stranded on a gel,
>but I've always found alkaline agarose gels to be a pain in the neck to

In Promega's Technique Guide (may be called by different name, it is in may lab), there is an alternative way to run single stranded DNA in the cDNA cloning section. I could not recall what I exactly did two years ago, but it is easy to run, you may need to denature the DNA before loading. It worked fine with cDNA and lambda HindIII marker.

Good luck.

--
| Xiaoying Lin	(Graduate Student)	      E-mail: xlin at umbc.edu  |
| Biol Sci, U. of MD Baltimore County	       Phone: (410) 455-2263 |