tRNAs and other stories

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu Jun 17 07:59:00 EST 1993

In article <C8pvtH.29B at biobase.aau.dk>, pamaga at biobase.aau.dk (Paulo Magalhaes) writes...
>Hi,
>
>I'm posting the following article for a friend.
>
>He would like to know if there are any "review"
>articles where the *structure* of mitochondrial
>tRNAs are depicted - especially Gln-tRNA.
>Furthermore, are there any programs to "see"
>the tRNA structure? i.e. given a "normal" tRNA
>and one with a point mutation, are there programs
>that can "predict" structural changes?
>
>Ok, I think I have put it as clearly as it was
>asked me... I know that this is not exactly the
>right newsgroup for this kind of question...
>
>Please reply by email directly to
>
>	pamaga at biobase.aau.dk
>
>Thanks.
>
>Paulo

Paulo,
        I was a member of Sanger's group at the MRC in Cambridge
England that sequenced the Human Mitochondrial Genome and later
in my laboratory we sequenced all 22 bovine mitochondrial tRNAs.
The MRC group also sequenced the bovine mitochondrial genome.
All this data is available on-line in GenBank.  If your friend
needs specific references for these publications and the GenBank
accession numbers, contact me directly by e-mail.
        As for programs to find tRNA genes, there are several
available, for Mac's, PC's, VAX's and SUNS.  Tell me what computer
they want to use and maybe I can point you to a source for them.
Cheers.........bruce
 \  Bruce A. Roe                 Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry /
 /  Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.  INTERNET: BROE at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu  \
 \  University of Oklahoma       BITNET:   BROE at uokucsvx                 /
 /  620 Parrington Oval, Rm 208  AT&TNET:  405-325-4912 or 405-325-7610  \
 \  Norman, Oklahoma 73019       FAXnet:   405-325-6111                  /