Geneclean

louhelainen at cc.helsinki.fi louhelainen at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 18 08:03:21 EST 1993

In article <740348109snz at genesys.demon.co.uk>, Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk ("Dr. Duncan Clark") writes:
> Hi Netters
>
> Instead of GeneClean I use agarase from NEB and just digest the agarose. It is
> very simple and I have used it for up to 10kb cloning without any problems.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Duncan
> --
>  Duncan Clark                       | Internet:   duncan at genesys@demon.co.uk
>  GeneSys Ltd.                       | Compuserve: 100015.1406 at compuserve.com

  I have used the very same protocol. It's fast and it works.
  The only problems that I have had was when I tried to reduce
  the volume of the solution with isobutanol. I guess that I did'nt
  remove the oligosaccharides completely from the solution.

  Beta-agarase is also nice in lambda/cosmid cloning, since the
  inserts are very large and you have to avoid shearing of DNA.

  --
(   Jari Pekka Louhelainen, MSc      "FastEddie"                               (
(   University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology                      (