random priming -->> increased probe size??

Sat Jun 19 09:24:34 EST 1993

> In article <9306170055.AA06199 at cscgpo.anu.edu.au>, Wafa.El-Adhami at anu.edu.au
> writes:
> > I am using the Amersham megaprime DNA labelling system (based on the method
> > developed by Feinberg & Vogelstein) for labelling DNA fragments excised
> > from LM agarose gels.  It is working very well.  However, my concern is the
> > size of the probes the system generates.  The system claims that the system

	If the size of the probe generated is a problem, may be you can try
one other alternative.  Since processivity of enzymes is one of the
criteria determining the size of the probe, why not try the most processive
enzyme known (sequenase??) in the random primer labeling.  If anyone is
already using this system, can we learn of your experience?
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu