glycoproteins

James B. Hutchins jbh at anat.UMSMED.EDU
Sat Jun 19 12:35:39 EST 1993

In article <7D50804880001699 at if1.ufrgs.br> ITAJIR at IF1.UFRGS.BR (ITABAJARA VAZ)
writes:
>I need a method to stain glycoproteins in nitrocellulose membrane.

My recommendation is to send for the Boehringer-Mannheim Genius(tm) Glycan
Detection Kit instructions and literature, which is free, quite
comprehensive, and contains a good general introduction to techniques such
as labeled lectin probing of blotted proteins.

And, you don't _have_ to buy their reagents, which are all (save digoxigenin,
which is not the only way) available from other suppliers.

Obviously, I have no connection to B-M other than the money I've spent buying
their products :-).

Jim

Jim Hutchins                    []     E-Mail: jbh at anat.umsmed.edu
Asst Prof of Anatomy            []     Asst Prof of Neurology
Univ Mississippi Med Ctr        []     Jackson, MS