EtBr ussage

neale at mbcf.stjude.org neale at mbcf.stjude.org
Sat Jun 19 22:04:15 EST 1993

For Northern blots we add 1ul of a 1 mg/ml soln of EtBr to each sample just
prior to loading the gel. This greatly aids visualization of the RNA in the gel
without having to destain etc.

I have not tried this with DNA samples, but I can't see why it would not work.

Regards,

Geoff Neale
St Jude Research Hospital
Elvis Land TN