insoluble protein--need advise

gr8bn at cc.usu.edu gr8bn at cc.usu.edu
Sun Jun 20 13:42:02 EST 1993

Hi, everyone
I am a graduate student working on my thesis.
I am trying to purify a protein expressed in Baculovirus system.  The protein
expressed in SF-9 cells is very insoluble (or aggregate).  I have tried
many types of nonionic detergents, none of them worked. Anionic detergent
made the prtoein lost activity even after dialysis.  8M urea and 6M guanidine-HCl
will solubilize the protein, but the same problem that without activity was
observed (after dialysis the proteins partially precipitate out).
Please give me some suggestions. Thanks !

I-Jen Huang
email:gr8bn at cc.usu.edu
fax:801-750-1575