Protein estimation in presence of detergents

cthomas at science.adelaide.edu.au cthomas at science.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 03:56:45 EST 1993

Hi,

I am looking for a method for determination of protein which is
not affected by detergents such as Triton X100 or SDS.  I understand
that there is a modification of the Coomassie Blue dye binding
originally assay published by Marion Bradford (Anal Biochem, 1976) which is
is insensitive to SDS and other detergents.  However I can't find
the reference.  Can anyone help with this method or any other?

Dr Connor J Thomas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
University of Adelaide
Adelaide, Australia
Email: cthomas at microb.adelaide.edu.au