Gradient gels

NWALKER at JHUHYG.BITNET NWALKER at JHUHYG.BITNET
Tue Jun 22 13:26:39 EST 1993

I havent used salt gradient gels, but buffer gradient gels worked like a
charm for me fist time out. Basically follow the method in Maniatis to the
letter and you'll be singing praises like me. And it isnt as difficult as
 some may have you believe. Just be careful witht the bubbles whem mixing the
two layers and dont pour too quickly. I used 40 cm gels so i dont know how
the method works with longer gels or the  extra wide sequencing apparatus.

Nigel Walker