Pre-cast SDS PAGE gels

M_COYNE at DELPHI.COM M_COYNE at DELPHI.COM
Tue Jun 22 19:19:02 EST 1993

Has anyone had any experience worth sharing (good, bad, or indifferent)
regarding the use of pre-cast SDS PAGE gels?  We spend ALOT of time cleaning
glass and alumina plates, assembling gel molds (when one is available and
not in use), preparing monomers, pouring the gels, etc., and are begining to
explore the possibility of purchasing gels pre-made.  The ones we are
interested in are the mini-gels (apx. 8 x 10 cm) that fit in the Hoefer
Mighty Small II unit.

Thanks for any input...

Mike
M_Coyne at Delphi.com