mRNA extraction from tissue options ...

steven joseph chmura sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:52:49 EST 1993

Has anyone used any really good kits for obtainting clean mRNA from tissue?
I am trying to get mRNA out of gut and while I have very good OD readings
(>1.9) there is definite genomic DNA contaminants.  I cannot use exon
trapping for my PCR (I must use one exon due to homologies).

Anyway, I need to get rid of the DNA and keep the RNA.  There is no
100% RNAse free DNAse so I have already thrown that idea out.

Anyone had any luck and no DNA>>>????

Thanks a lot as always....

--
  "Given enough time, the impossible becomes probable, and the probable