mRNA extraction from tissue options ...

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jun 24 05:29:31 EST 1993

In <1993Jun23.195249.4894 at midway.uchicago.edu> sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu (steven joseph chmura) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>Anyway, I need to get rid of the DNA and keep the RNA.  There is no
>100% RNAse free DNAse so I have already thrown that idea out.

I isolate RNA from bacteria with a method which involves the use of
RNA-free DNAse. I use the Boehringer DNAse and have had so far no
problems with it. You can also add RNasin to the DNAse reaction
and extract the whole protein with chloroform afterwards.

Just a thought, Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de                             */