Opinions needeed about phosphoimagers

Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 18:19:33 EST 1993

Re the phospho imager

We use one from Molecular Dynamics called Imagequant.  In my hands the
imager is only about twice as sensitive as XAR5 with two Quanta III screens
at -70*C using P32.  The real advantage is being able to 'fiddle' the image
to get the exposure level right and its ability to be linear over a much
larger range.  I prefer film but then thats what I am most used to.  (I
also prefer to run my own sequencing gels and not use the ABI automat).

Cheers, Klaus
Klaus Matthaei
Gene Targeting
The Australian National University
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au

"I know you think that you understand what I am saying."
"But what I am saying is not what I mean."