Copper Phenanthroline and Nuclear Protein

gvacano at gvacano at
Fri Jun 25 11:04:59 EST 1993

	We are having difficulty solubilizing a Drosophila heterochromatin
associated protein during homogenization in SDS protein sample buffer, or 2M
potassium isothiocyanate, and we think the problem may be due to tight
association with the cellular DNA, which may remain in the non-soluble debris.
To liberate the protein, we would like to try digesting the DNA with the
chemical nuclease copper phenanthroline.

	If anyone has used copper phenanthroline for this, or related purposes,
we would deeply appreciate any suggestions, protocols, etc.

		Thank you, Guido